|Dinner Key, Florida
Coastal Systems is under contract with the City of Miami to provide consulting engineering services for miscellaneous repairs and improvements to the Dinner Key Marina along the Coconut Grove Waterfront. Dinner Key is one of the largest wet slip marinas in South Florida with 582 wet slips. Services provided included the following:
- Hydrographic Survey – survey of the entire marina and entrance channel to assess water depths and to recommend areas for maintenance dredging.
- Marine Resource Survey – conducted seagrass surveys in areas of proposed maintenance dredging to evaluate potential impacts to marine resources.
- Deck Replacement – researched structural materials and designed the replacement of approximately 40,000 square feet of timber decking throughout the marina. Specified fiberglass grating, and assisted with emergency repair design, environmental permitting and procurement after Hurricane Wilma.
- Security Gates – designed new aluminum security gates to all 6 piers and specified card-access security system for marina customers.
- Maintenance Dredging – design and permitting of 5,500 cubic yard dredging project for marina slips including dredged material soils investigation and design of material handling/placement.
- Pier 3 Underwater Investigation – above/below water evaluation of damage to Pier 3 due to Hurricane Wilma and design of repairs to marine structures and utilities.