Coastal Systems International Inc. planned and designed the redevelopment of the Bluepoint Fisheries waterfront industrial area in Port Canaveral, Florida. The redevelopment consists of a new marina facility along approximately 1,200 feet of waterfront with a combination of wet and dry slips. The dry storage building will provide a total capacity of 680 dry slips, and boat lifts will provide twenty two additional wet slips. Additional facilities will include a fuel dock, marina offices/store, restaurant and service areas.
Coastal Systems provided the following professional
services for the project:
- Feasibility Study;
- Hydrographic and Marine Resource Surveying;
- Environmental Resource Permitting - Corps of
Engineers and Florida DEP;
- Coastal Engineering Analysis for Waves and Currents
from Cruise Ships;
- Design of Docks and Waterfront Improvements;
including Forklift Launching Pads;
- Site/Civil Design including Paving, Grading and
Stormwater Management, and
- Water and Sanitary Sewer Design.
Coastal Systems processed and secured environmental permits for the project from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) for marina facilities and upland stormwater improvements. Bluepoint Marina is an FDEP designated Clean Marina. In addition, environmental permits were obtained for the marina from the U.S Army Corps of Engineers.